Leaving Japan? Want to Get Your Pension Payments Back?


setting-sunIf you meet the following requirements, you may qualify to receive a portion of all the pension payments back from the Japanese Government.

  • You must not be a Japanese citizen (not sure about permanent residency)
  • You must have been enrolled in and have been making pension payments for more than 6 months
  • Must NOT have an address in Japan (eg. you normally apply for the rebate from overseas, after returning home
  • Must have not already received any pension payments (including disability allowance)
  • Check out this link that describes it in more detail:


    Here is the actual notice from the Japanese government along with the application form!